21st October 2021
Once again, the British publication The Legal 500 recognized Leite, Tosto e Barros as one of the best law firms in Brazil in four areas of law and highlighted the work of 10 partners.
Check out the editorial for each of the admired areas:
Leite, Tosto e Barros Advogados’ recent caseload illustrates its strength in litigation; it has handled cases involving credit recovery, tax law, shareholder disputes, public concessions, infrastructure and energy-related issues. With in-depth knowledge of credit recovery, Ricardo Tosto is a key practitioner. Rodrigo Quadrante is highlighted for handling commercial law and banking cases, while Paulo Guilherme Lopes is particularly noted for his track record in arbitration. Other key individuals include ‘great litigator’ Patricia Rios and Daniel Albolea Junior.
- ‘Full-service firm focused mainly on the areas of civil and commercial litigation and arbitration. It acts with extreme professionalism, competence and dedication. We have been working for over twenty years together with excellent results.’
- ‘Ricardo Tosto is recommended for judicial matters; Paulo Guilherme Lopes stands out in arbitration; Patricia Rios is a great litigator and Rodrigo Quadrante handles cases related to commercial and banking law.’
- ‘Leite e Tosto is recognised for its strong performance in dispute resolution. The firm’s busy civil and commercial litigation department is led by experienced partners Paulo Guilherme Lopes, Ricardo Tosto and Rodrigo Quadrante and is known for its deep knowledge of cases involving credit recovery, distribution contracts and product liability issues.’
Leite, Tosto e Barros Advogados has a versatile labour practice with particlar strength in high-value collective and individual employment claims. The firm’s strong contentious expertise also extends to public civil actions filed by the Labour Prosecutor’s Office. On the strategic advisory side, the practice assists clients with union negotiations, as well as internal compliance procedures. Its employer clients come from across a range of sectors, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, aviation, energy and banking. Key partners include Luciana Arduin Fonseca, Luís Fernando Riskalla and Renata Araújo.
- ‘LTB’s Labour and employment team is efficient, always willing to act accurately in labour processes of all complexities. They help me a lot in the day to day, providing information and specific solutions, aligned with the legislation and understandings of the Regional Labour Courts and the TST.’
- ‘Excellent professionals, professional service and high capacity to solve problems.’
- ‘The labour and employment team acts in a precise and thoughtful manner in all labour processes and issues, seeking an efficient and speedy solution to its clients. I highlight everyone on the team in question, emphasizing partners Luciana Arduin Fonseca, Renata Araújo and Luis Fernando Riskalla, associates Marcela Baccan Bianchin, Andreas Klepp and Helio Ferreira.’
Leite, Tosto e Barros Advogados is a strong choice for insolvency-related litigation, where it has an active practice. Its clients include debtors and creditors, ranging from major corporates and infrastructure companies through to banks and financial institutions. The versatile Rodrigo Quadrante advises on a mix of banking, debt restructuring and commercial issues, as well as contentious matters. Other key partners include highly experienced dispute resolution head Paulo Guilherme Lopes and litigator Patricia Rios.
‘The Restructuring and insolvency team is very efficient technically, acting not only in this area, but together with the other teams from the other branches of law. With this, the client is fully protected broadly and accurately.’
The experienced tax team at Leite, Tosto e Barros Advogados is especially active on the litigation side. The firm regularly handles a broad range of judicial and administrative disputes, often at the highest level. The team also has a good record in developing appropriate tax structures for clients in the energy sector, particularly on corporate ventures. Carlos Henrique Crosara Delgado is the lead partner, with significant experience in contentious and non-contentious tax issues.
- ‘Good technical quality of professionals in the contentious and advisory area, personalised service, while sending decisions/news of interest to the company, and procedural monitoring and monthly updates of actions.’
- ‘Carlos Henrique Crosara Delgado is recommended.’